Monday 9 May 2011

Some Pictures!

For my standard Fire Warriors I used a mixture of Catachan and Cadian legs topped by standard firwewarrior torsos and arms. I also decided to beef up the pulse rifles with carbine parts and a few bayonets here and there. I used kolony militia heads from Pig Iron and mounted the models on verious city fighting bases
Although the conversion is a pretty simple one I like the result


I went for a dark intimidating color scheme with the army, good for city fighting games. The main army colors were two different shades of grey, one lighter and one darker. this coupled with the glowing red/orange eyes made them look rather menacing and chaotic. I gave each warrior his own distinctive banner over his shoulder, this was an attempt to replicate medieval soldiers who would each place their own personal design on the shield they wore representing their home or family. Alongside the shoulder designs, I gave some of the warriors colored stripes down their helmets of skull designs on their masks to make some of them appear more grizzled and experienced.


The first and second Fire Warrior teams 

 The two teams Shas'Ui, I like the idea of having binoculars instead of markerlights and then any of the resulting benefits coming from the officers orders instead of any fancy targeting stuff.
 My first Battlesuit team with a fireknife configuration, I made a few modifications to the suits and gave each one a different color scheme in order give each one a unique appearance. I figured the battle suit pilots would be the knights of my army, charging into battle wielding their own individual banners and colors.
Three test models:

A Pathfinder, the cloak was my first try at using green stuff beyond gap filling.

One of my replacement Kroot Hounds, I decided to use lotr wargs because they somewhat resembled the large rodents that I imagined would share the underground cavern systems with the Zenobians. The beasts could be tamed and used in times of war. I will have to rescale the base to better suit the current rules however.

A Wardroid I bought from Pig Iron, I thought it would make for a less techy stealth suit in my army.

Zenobian background coming soon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mattbot I like these so far they have a very different look. Glowing eyes almost like like LEDs is that straight paint? Think you could get away with blacklining in places to accentuate the uniforms. It is always a problem when figures are mostly one colour.
    Why does the Hound need rebasing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, glad the paint I used for the eyes creates a glowing effect :)

    I'll give blacklining a shot with the new miniatures that need painting. I'll also go back to some of the finished miniatures and brighten the lighter grey parts, after looking at the photos the ink seems to have darkened some of the miniatures too much.

    Kroot hounds need to be on a smaller 25mm base but I used a larger 40mm for mine so I need to change it or I won't be allowed to use them in a game. And thanks for following ^_^

    ReplyDelete